Starting Saturday, May 21, Vinland’s residential campus in Loretto, MN is re-opening for visiting loved ones of current clients.
As of this date, the visiting hours are 12:30 to 4:30pm on both Saturdays and Sundays. Please refer to our process for this to continue to be allowed, listed below:
- Visitors to the program will be asked to only park in the lower parking lot. On the mornings of visitation, the upper parking lot will be roped off to ensure parking in the lower lot. The purpose of this routing is to create one point of entry into the building. Clients and their visitors will be allowed to meet in the main lobby, outdoors, within the confines of the property limits, and in the dining room. The purpose of restricting the area of visitation is to allow clients that do not have visitors some privacy.
- THE UPPER LEVEL “NEW SIDE” MENS UNIT, THE LOWER LEVEL “NEW SIDE” MENS UNIT THE STORDAHL, THE “OLD SIDE” MENS UNIT ARE ALL OFF LIMITS TO VISITORS.
- VISITORS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN CLIENTS’ ROOMS.
- Upon entering the main lobby, they will be asked to sign in with their name, the client’s name they are visiting, and their arrival time. When the visitation is completed they will be asked to sign out at the time of departure.
- Residents are allowed to have visits at all reasonable times from their personal physician, or advanced practice registered nurse, religious advisor, county case managers, parole and/or probation officers, and attorney. The participant’s case manager and/or the treatment director, approves these visits.
- LIMITATIONS: Visitors are not allowed to bring pets, guns, weapons, alcohol and/or drugs. Individuals who appear to have been using alcohol and/or drugs will be asked to leave the premises including the grounds. Individuals who bring guns and/or weapons to Vinland will also be asked to leave the premises including the grounds.
- In the event that a particular participant requires limitations on his or her visitation necessary for the welfare of the participant, the rationale will be given to the participant and, if possible, the possible visitor. The rationale for the decision will be reflected in the client’s record.
Visitors are not allowed at any other times unless approved by the client’s counselor.