Vinland National Center’s outpatient services facility, located in NE Minneapolis, MN is an outpatient Substance Use Disorder and Problem Gambling Treatment Center for adults with cognitive and physical disabilities. We are looking for someone for full-time days.
Licensed LADC or ADC-T, BA/BS degree in a behavioral science discipline and satisfactory completion of at least 30 classroom hours of education in each of the following areas: Chemical Abuse and Dependency, Chemical Use Assessment, and Case Management and State of Minnesota Licensure. Knowledge in family systems counseling. Knowledge of persons with disabilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team. The case manager has the authority to execute job responsibilities independently as proscribed by Minnesota state statute and rule.
- Monitor the health and safety of all participants, providing basic health and safety services as needed.
- Coordinate the involvement of interdisciplinary services in the formulation of a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Provide support to all staff in the management of behavioral crises, utilizing the least restrictive means possible. In the absence of the Program Director and Counseling Supervisor, offer direction to other staff and coordinate all efforts.
- Provide regular group and individual counseling sessions to participants and their families as needed.
- Document any significant events contact with outside agencies or people, groups, individual sessions, treatment plans, and regular entries for group attendance as required by Vinland standards.
- Complete a discharge summary on each participant within the required time frame.
- Prepare an individual treatment plan utilizing client-centered approaches within the required time frame.
- Conduct, Screenings, Comprehensive assessments, and intake process as needed
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to review client status and clinical data.
- Participate in a regular on-call schedule providing direction to staff in the event of emergencies, shift vacancies, and other problem areas.
C. Assist with the intake process and the completion of intake screening for potential admission.
- Participate in the development of outside training and workshops.
- Assist with the completion of the admission process as needed.
- Coordinate the involvement of outside agencies in the formulation of treatment plans, discharge plans and regular referral contact updates.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CONDUCT
- Participate in regular continuing education and professional development seminars.
- Participate as a member of Vinland’s interdisciplinary team in a manner that promotes professionalism, client-centered services, and staff cooperation.
- Understand and comply with the standard of ethics as established by the Minnesota Department of Health/Board of Behavioral Health and therapy.
- Understand and comply with all current statutory and regulatory standards as they relate to professional duties and conduct.
- Understand and comply with all statutes regarding rules of confidentiality and data privacy.
Understand and support the implementation of all policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, risk management, and illness/injury prevention. Report any observed or suspected violations to the supervisor.
Participate in regular job performance supervision based on standards of job performance conducted in one-to-one meetings that will meet on a regular and continuing basis, including a written annual review.
Vinland Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a cover letter and resume to the following:
- Don Raasch/ email@example.com or call him at 763. 479.4560 (A background check is required.)
LOCATION: Minneapolis, Minnesota
HOURS: Full-time, days
POSTED DATE: July 2022