What types of insurance are accepted?
We accept consolidated treatment funds (CTF), pre-paid medical plans (PMAPS), most insurance plans and private pay clients.
Do I qualify for county funding?
Contact the County Social Service Department for the county where you currently reside. If you need help with this process, we can help. Call Admissions at (763) 479-3555.
How do I get a Substance Use Disorder or Problem Gambling Assessment?
Vinland’s Outpatient Services location in Minneapolis offers Comprehensive Substance Use Disorder and Problem Gambling Assessments that support placement, whether at Vinland or elsewhere. To schedule an appointment, to be held either in person or via telehealth, contact us Mon. – Fri. at 763.479.4881.
If you already have one, that assessment should then be faxed directly to our Admissions Team at 763.479.2605 or emailed to: Intake@vinlandcenter.org.
How long does the application process take?
For our Residential Treatment Program, it depends on a few things. We need the admissions forms to be completely filled out and submitted before we can schedule an intake date. If you need assistance, please call (763) 479-3555.
For Outpatient treatment, we do not require these forms. Instead, just call us at 763.479.3555 & ask for Outpatient Services to schedule an intake/assessment. Generally, we can admit someone to our Outpatient Program within 24 hours.
I don't have a brain injury. Can I still come to Vinland Center?
Yes. Our Substance Use Disorder programs were originally designed for individuals with brain injuries, but our approach has proven beneficial for people with a variety of cognitive impairments. This includes learning disabilities, FASD, mental illness, and more. Please contact Admissions for more information.
Please note: Our Outpatient Gambling Program is designed for all adults, regardless of cognitive issues.
Do I need a doctor referral?
No, you do not need a doctor referral. However, for RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT ONLY, you will need to complete our Medical Screening Form that includes a list of the medications you are (or are supposed to be) taking. This form is available on our website under Admission Forms. This needs to either be filled out by you, your referent, or over the phone with one of our admissions counselors, then emailed (Intake@vinlandcenter.org) or faxed to Vinland Center at 763.479.2605.
Can you recommend a detox center?
Gateway Recovery Center (Inver Grove Heights) 833-338-6980 or 651-999-3537
Ramsey County Detox (St. Paul) 651-266-4008
Fairview Riverside Detox (Mpls) 612-672-6600
1800 Chicago (Mpls) 612-879-3646
Mission Care Detox (Plymouth) 763-559-1402
What can I bring with me to treatment?
For Residential Treatment you should bring:
- Medications and any supplies for them
- Insurance or medical assistance card
- Clothes, including a good pair of shoes and jacket
- Workout apparel
- Hygiene products, electric razors are fine; cologne and straight razors will be kept in the staff office for you to use and return.
You can bring if you choose:
- 12-pack of soda pop and a few snacks as we do not have a pop machine. (Clients take weekly store runs.)
- Cigarettes, if you smoke. (NO e-cigarettes.) (Clients take weekly store runs.)
- Small stereo, preferably with headphones, and the music of your choice
- Fishing pole or other hobby items that do not involve sharp objects such as knives
- Winter clothes such as waterproof shoes, gloves, hat and coat, so that you can participate in outdoor activities in the winter
- Your own pillow
- Cash for additional snacks or cigarettes
You may NOT bring:
- Cell phone, laptop, e-reader, camera or pager. (These items will be kept in a safe.)
- Alcohol, including Listerine
- Guns or any type of weapon
- Nicotine gum or patches
- Motor vehicles including car, truck or motorcycle
- Energy drinks or protein powders
What amenities does Vinland provide?
At Vinland’s Residential Treatment Program, we provide:
- All meals, prepared professionally on-site
- Clients always have access to fruit, bread, milk,n peanut butter & jelly, juice, coffee, and tea
- Access to fridges, toasters, and microwaves
- Washers and dryers with detergent
- Quilts, sheets and a pillow
- Telephone (designated times)
- Television (designated times)
Can I enter the program if I have upcoming court dates?
Generally, clients are allowed to enter the Residential Treatment Program if they have upcoming court dates. We take into consideration the nature and severity of the charges. Some applicants may not be appropriate.