Vinland Center is growing and we have an immediate opening for a part-time Licensed Nurse Practitioner OR Physician’s Assistant. The open position is at our facility in Loretto, located 20 miles west of Minneapolis in western Hennepin County. Vinland is a 61-bed residential chemical dependency treatment center for adults with a dual diagnosis of MI/CD and cognitive disability.
Vinland Center has been named one of StarTribune’s Top 100 Workplaces for the last four consecutive years. Vinland offers competitive wages and benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance; Simple IRA; generous paid time off (PTO) plus holidays; CPR training; tuition reimbursement; on-site cafeteria; and on-site fitness center.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner OR Physician’s Assistant.
- Knowledge of people with disabilities and chemical dependency.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Participate in the pre-admission/intake assessment for all prospective program participants evaluating the medical status of the patient.
- Supervise the process of admitting participants to the Vinland program completing the health assessment.
- Supervise the completion of the health status evaluation for each new participant, identifying and ranking problems/needs requiring active intervention; establish measurable immediate and long term treatment objectives in cooperative with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Perform and supervise all necessary nursing services, including the administration of medications and special treatments which may be ordered by the participant’s primary physician and ordering medications.
To apply, mail, fax, or e-mail cover letter and resume to Rick Krueger, Clinical Director, Vinland Center, Box 308, Loretto MN 55357; fax: 763.479.2605; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.