Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Adults with Disabilities
Vinland meets the complex needs of individuals with disabilities seeking treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. Our staff members strive to make all possible accommodations for cognitive deficits and adaptations for individual learning styles.
Vinland is a fully-accredited substance abuse treatment center licensed by the State of Minnesota. We meet the complex needs of individuals with disabilities seeking treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. We understand that past trauma is common for people struggling with addiction, which is why we provide trauma-informed services aimed at reducing triggers and avoiding re-traumatization.
We interview our clients upon arrival and six months after they graduate from our program:
- 80% report abstinence or reduced use.
- 78% report an improvement in their quality of life.
- 86% of Vinland participants complete treatment, compared to the statewide average completion rate of 57%.
Treating the Whole Person
Vinland is dedicated to treating the whole person – mind, body and spirit. In addition to addressing substance abuse issues, we also focus on relationships, family, parenting, sexuality, anger, and grief and loss. We assist participants with life management issues such as computer skills for job seeking, fitness, recreation, nutrition, recovery support and networking. Learn more about our variety of complementary care services.
Our Chemical Health Program is designed for:
- Those who can benefit from a slower-paced, more individually-focused program.
- People living with disabilities such as brain injuries, learning disabilities, and/or physical disabilities.
- Individuals with co-occurring disorders.
- Those who have had difficulty succeeding in traditional drug and alcohol treatment programs or those who have relapsed and need a new approach.
We assist clients in securing available community resources such as:
We are happy to answer any questions you have about treatment at Vinland Center. Call 763.479.3555 for a confidential discussion or click here for admissions information.