Working at Vinland Center
Vinland offers competitive wages and benefits:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus holidays
- CPR training
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site cafeteria
- On-site fitness center
Updated January 11, 2016
Chemical Health Case Manager
Full-time, hours vary with job demands.
Opening to work in innovative Rule 31 residential program serving adults with dual diagnosis of chemical dependency and cognitive disability (usually brain injury). Duties include one-on-one counseling, chemical health assessments on computer, case management, and group therapy.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS degree in a behavioral science discipline and satisfactory completion of at least 30 classroom hours of education in each of the following areas: Chemical Abuse and Dependency, Chemical Use Assessment, and Case Management and State of Minnesota Licensure.. Knowledge in family systems counseling. Knowledge of persons with disabilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team. The case manager has the authority to execute job responsibilities independently as proscribed by Minnesota state statute and rule.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Degree of Authority)
- Monitor the health and safety of all participants, providing basic health and safety services as needed.
- Coordinate the involvement of interdisciplinary services in the formulation of a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Provide support to all staff in the management of behavioral crisis, utilizing the least restrictive means possible. In the absence of the Program Director and Counseling Supervisor, offer direction to other staff and coordinate all efforts.
- Provide regular group and individual counseling sessions to participants and their families as scheduled.
- Participate in family days as scheduled, providing counseling and education to participants family members and concerned persons.
- Document any significant events contact with outside agencies or people, groups, individual sessions, treatment plans and regular entries for group attendance as required by Vinland standards.
- Complete a discharge summary on each participant within the required time frame.
- Prepare an individual treatment plan utilizing client-centered approaches within the required time frame.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to review client status and clinical data.
- Participate in a regular on-call schedule providing direction to staff in the event of emergencies, shift vacancies and other problem areas.
Assist with intake process and the completion of intake screening for potential admission.
- Participate in the development of outside training and workshops.
- Assist with the completion of admission process as needed.
- Coordinate the involvement of outside agencies in the formulation of treatment plans, discharge plans and regular referral contact updates.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CONDUCT
- Participate in regular continuing education and professional development seminars.
Participate as a member of Vinland's interdisciplinary team in a manner which promotes professionalism, client centered services, and staff cooperation.
- Understand and comply with the standard of ethics as established by Minnesota Department of Health/Board of Behavioral Health and therapy.
- Understand and comply with all current statutory and regulatory standards as they relate to professional duties and conduct.
- Understand and comply with all statues regarding rules of confidentiality and data privacy.
- Understand and support the implementation of all policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, risk management, and illness/injury prevention. Report any observed or suspected violations to supervisor.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Clinical Director Rick Krueger. Click here for email. Fax 763.479.2605. Address 3675 Idhuhapi Road, Loretto, MN 55357. AA/EOE.
Human Services Technician
Part-time, evenings and weekends. $13/hour
Exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and safety standards. Maintain confidentiality of patients and other pertinent information.
Contact Theresa Sveum email@example.com; AA/EOE.